Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Left Hook: Stepping up for Lake Winnipeg

Left Hook: Stepping up for Lake Winnipeg: "After the 1997 'flood of the century,' concerns about the impact of large-scale flooding on the health of lake Winnipeg were a catalyst..."

As an Aboriginal person, the stewardship of our land is important to me. The governments and their efforts to help deal with flooding places them in a position to influence positive changes. The challenge is finding a common language to speak. We can start by focusing on specific organizations for now, with the hope, that ultimately, the preservation of Mother Earth for generations to come will overshadow petty politics.

If you are concerned about this and wanna help...Check out Kevin Rebeck's Blog and learn about the Lake Winnipeg Research Consortium!

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris