Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Original Pride (Happy Aboriginal Day)

Dear World

Happy Aboriginal Day!

Today is the day that Canada nods its head at the original peoples, the beautiful Aboriginals (First Nation, Metis and Inuit).

It is a day where I am allowed to be overly overt in my pride of being Cree and young and feeling like the world is at our finger tips!

Why I'm proud to be Cree

I'm proud because I'm Cree
I'm proud we are one of the biggest Aboriginal Groups 'cross Canada
I'm proud I get brown(ish) in summer
I'm proud because my people are the keepers of Turtle Island
I'm proud because our language has survived
I'm proud because 500+ years later, were still here
I'm proud because we know how to laugh
I'm proud because we have lived through spiritual abuse as a nation and can find it in our hearts to forgive
I'm proud because when I look at YOUth I feel hope
I'm proud because I can see the change positive thinking can make...and its contagious
I'm proud to be Cree because its who I am.

Happy ab day peeps

Stay Proud :)
Michael  Champagne
"Let us put our minds together to see what life we can make for our children" - Sitting Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris