Friday, July 15, 2011

Googling Shamattawa

Hey people

I just Googled Shamattawa to see what I could see...it hurts a little bit because these are the only kinda stories I can find...

The Black Rod: The obvious questions about the Shamattawa arson

CANADA: Many Suicides in Shamattawa

I know that as a community we have challenges but we can make it...I know it.



And I'm reminded of this HOPEFULNESS when I watch this video, made by Tony Miles about his experiences working with the beautiful children of Shamattawa. You can see the potential and the smiling faces and the hope.

That's the Shamattawa I will fight for.

Why?

Because the next generation deserves it.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris