Thursday, July 28, 2011

NOT COOL - (Girl, 15, sexualy Assaulted)


It really breaks my heart when I hear about these types of things happening in our community.  A young Aboriginal male sexually assaulting a 15 year old girl.  That makes me so upset.  I'm reminded of the violence that is so common in our hood and I don't know how to help.  And so, I will share information, hoping that together, we can do something to make our community safer.

Check out the police report below and take a look @ the image.

----------------------------------------------- 
 SEXUAL ASSAULT INVESTIGATION  C11-154762
On Sunday, July 24th, 2011 at approximately 5:30 a.m., a 15 year old female victim was walking in the area of Pritchard Avenue and Aikins Street when she was approached by a male suspect riding a black mountain bike. The suspect came up behind the victim and grabbed her and began to choke her. 
The victim was then taken into a nearby lane and was sexually assaulted. The suspect proceeded to take some of the victim’s property as well as a cell phone and then fled the area on the bike. 
Police were contacted and entered into an investigation. A sketch of the suspect male has been composed.


Suspect is described as:
  • Male, Aboriginal in appearance, in his early 20’s
  • Short blonde hair
  • Wearing a black and red checked hoodie, baggy blue jeans and black high-top runners 
Investigators from the Division 13 Crime Unit are continuing with this investigation. Anyone who has information is asked to 986-2848 or CrimeStoppers at 786-TIPS (8477).

Be SAFE people!

MC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris