Thursday, September 1, 2011

SCREAMING FOR HELP

Our young people are screaming for help...



Oh man folks, I just got a police update that confirmed what I was talking about on Sunday. Find below the ages and charges that are being laid as a result of these young peoples' actions:

A 16 year old male has been charged with: Robbery with a Weapon x 4 and Disguise with Intent x 4. He was detained.
 
A 15 year old male has been charged with Robbery with a Weapon x 3 and Disguise with intent x 3. He was detained.
 
A 14 year old male has been charged with Robbery with a Weapon x 3 and Disguise with intent x 3. He was detained.
 
A 13 year old female is facing charges of: Robbery with a Weapon and Disguise with Intent. She was released on a Promise to Appear. 

If that isn't a reality check for police, politicians and our whole Winnipeg community as a whole that are young people need some damn help I don't know what is.
I am sick and tired of seeing the young people that I love being turned to desperation and think this is ok. I cannot allow it to happen with these young people that I love anymore. 


Love people, please just LOVE.

MC

1 comment:

  1. no one is born "bad." no one is born with an irresistible urge to "jack a car." we have to improve the community situation if we want to help our youth. say no to mandatory prison sentences for certain crimes. say no to making life even worse for our youth struggling in winnipeg.

    xoxo,
    teresa

    ReplyDelete

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris