Monday, October 17, 2011

Future Leaders of Manitoba...COME ON!

So once upon a time, many moons ago, I was able to be nominated for something called the Future Leaders of Manitoba Award.  This was in 2009, and it was the first time EVER that this award thing was happening. Essentially, they have 3 categories, COMMUNITY, BUSINESS and ARTS.  They then scour the province, meaning, ask people to apply, to be nominated for this prestigious honour. You don't win money, but you get quite a bit of recognition, and the bragging rights!

 In the 2nd year of the FLM awards, my friend Kevin Chief was the guy who won the Community Service Seat. I thought that was amazing, and especially relevant considering he just got elected as our Member of the Legislative Assembly for Point Douglas. Way to be awesome Kevin.
Last year, they had the 3rd Annual awards an these fine people were chosen. This was also the year that I notice they raised the AGE! They said you have to be at least 25 to get the award...I am 24 now, and got the award 3 years ago.  I think it is an interesting choice for them to do such a thing...perhaps it is so that the applicants can have more life experience?! Bot sure, but if you are over 25, you can apply...

This year 2012 Awards

You can apply in one of 3 areas ARTS, COMMUNITY SERVICE and BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL. The deadline for applications is DECEMBER 10TH.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this comment has nothing to do with this post, I just watched this and thought you would like it. Social mobility!!!!

    http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

    ReplyDelete

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris