Friday, October 7, 2011

Take Care of Yourself Too!

Its been a rough couple of weeks.

But now, the Thanksgiving Weekend is here, the election is over, the ceremonies have been had, the spirits have traveled.  It has been really hard on me.  It has been hard because I fight. I always feel like i am fighting...and I am tired.

Tired but Hopeful

Its hard for me to not over extend myself when I look around my community and see the pain and suffering.  I have to be reminded again about how much work there is that needs to be done in our community. I am reminded that in the little detail that we focus on and in the small challenges and obstacles that we overcome...someone is watching and someone is thankful.  I am thankful that very soon I may have the opportunity to share some of my thoughts at a TED event for TedXManitoba (shout out to Kale).  This one was very much inspiring to me and I would like to again shout out my co-worker Curt for sending it.


Music is My Medicine

Part of what can make us feel a little bit better about the stuff happening is simply singing and dancing. Share your gifts, and make sure that if something makes you feel better...it may have that same effect on others.  For example, I have been listening to LMFAO (@LMFAO) for the last couple hours and have been dancing all day at work.


So, I have been fortunate to have been approached by some artists on social media and would like to share some amazing music with you.


Finally, on YouTube, I got this invite from this Hip Hop person or duo called Spoken Thought.  I don't know a lot about them, but this vid caught my attention. These guys are from Miami, Florida! 'Enough Rhymes to make MCs wear diapers'


The point of this blog post is to show you guys that I am taking some steps to take care of my mental health.  When lots of stuff is going on and we feel overwhelmed, we often only focus on the negative, the probelms. We only REact, instead of being PROactive.  I am committing myself to...myself this weekend. I will relax, take care of myself, sing, dance, listen to music, learn music, and read. I am pumped. I am doing all of this...not for the betterment of the world, humankind, or even my community.  I am only doing this for myself.


Love and Courage

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris