Monday, October 10, 2011

thankFULL



That's right, my Thanksgiving was spent, donating my time to SAFE Workers of Tomorrow, traveling from Winnipeg to the middle of our province.  But it was beautiful.  I am grateful for the many opportunities that continue to present themselves to me in my life that allow me to appreciate what I have. and for that reason, I feel like I am FULL of thanks.

I am thankFULL that we have an earth to walk upon.
I am thankFULL that I get to see our beautiful province
I am thankFULL that I have air to breathe
I am thankFULL that I can find enough food to eat
I am thankFULL that I can share my gifts with the people around me
I am thankFULL that I feel like I can make a difference.

What are you thankFULL for?

MC

PS - and yes I know the Colonial history of Thanksgiving, but I am deliberately NOT focusing on that. We have to move past the anger at some point...and I am mad at every thanksgiving when I think of what happened to our people...but I don't want that to me my every day...so positivity is a deliberate choice. I am thankFULL that I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris