Sunday, April 1, 2012

BORED?

I dedicate this post to all of you who like to say “I’m bored”.



I never understood boredom, because I am never bored. Yup, you read that right, I am never bored. Why not? Well, I think I have come to a point where I realize I have a lot of things that need to be done. For my work, for my volunteering, for the relationships of people that I have in my life; I have things I need to do to take care of all of these elements, but also mysel so I CAN do all of those things. Like eat, get a job, do laundry, go talk with people, sharing ideas and brainstorming. But BORED means you aren’t occupied. And you don’t like what you are currently doing. If you aren’t doing anything right now, and you don’t like your current situation, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Do Something

If you don’t know what to do come and see me. I have a never ending list of things that need to be done, in order to help our community. I once heard a quote that changed my life: "until all of us have made it, none of us have made it". And what that means is no matter how good things are for me, I wanna make sure all of the people in my life can enjoy that same level of goodness. That usually means people need to be able to have control over their own lives.
Do you have a solid place to stay? Do you have your school completed? Do you have a job? Do you have all of your IDs? Do you need help getting your challenges taken care of (addiction, relationships, violence, etc)?  Are you sharing your gift? Do you even know what your gift is? Do you have a baby, little sibling, smaller cousin that needs something (anything)? Is your family 100% comfortable, safe and secure?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, you have zero reason to be bored. There are things that need to be done. There are people that don’t have houses, jobs, safe places to be, friendly faces to talk to. We all have such capacity inside of us to do good, and help those around us. Many of you readfing this will think “I have nothing to offer” but I disagree.

I disagree

I disagree because we all have a gift. We are all good at something. My something happens to be talking. Its what people ask me to share with them most of the time, and people tell me that I am good at it. Once you have realized your gift…you can't keep it to your self any more. Once you have realized you can do that one thing better than most other people, now comes the responsibility. Responsibility to share that gift. Not only with the people you love, but that’s a great place to start.

Until all of us have made it, none of us have made it.

Sharing. Responsibility. Patience. Humility. Courage. You can do it.

Love.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris